Friday, September 23, 2011

To Go or Not To Go?

Remember the weekend getaway I was hoping for this weekend? As of yesterday I didn’t think we were going to go.  According to it was going to rain at our destination (oh and at home!) all day on Saturday. I had already had it in my head that we weren’t going.  The weather gods didn’t like us.  I was planning a day of fall cleaning since there wasn’t anything else for us to do. Then the hubs e-mails me and asks if we were going to go to tomorrow.

At first, I typed, no, because of the rain.  Then I decided to go and see if the weather had changed.  It had, but very little.  It says Rain showers in the morning then thundershowers in the afternoon. High 77F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 60%.

The Weather Channel has been known to be wrong before, but the way it looks it may just be scattered showers in the afternoon when we’re there (the majority of the activities we will be doing are outdoors.).  

I am still up in the air about whether or not we should go. I really want to get away even if it’s just for the day, but I don’t want to go and not be able to anything, because of the rain.  We also have tickets that expire this weekend if we don’t go.  I have a feeling they will extend them though since the last few weeks we’ve had nasty weather.

Where are we going you may ask? It just might be the “sweetest place on Earth.”  The last time I was there was over twenty years ago! The first blog reader to correctly guess where we are going in the comments will get a little memento from our destination.

No comments: