Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Bitter Sweet Anniversary


This past weekend Daniel and I celebrated five years of marriage. It’s hard to believe we have been married for five years!
Here’s a look back at our wedding on May 19th, 2007. We were both so young (23) and we were so care free. We had no idea what the world had in store for us over the next five years. A year after our wedding Daniel’s mom was diagnosed with cancer and four years to the day of our wedding she passed away after a three year battle with cancer. We became parents to a gorgeous little girl, Cecilia in 2009 and just two weeks before our fifth wedding anniversary we found out we were expecting again! We built our first house, I was promoted twice in my career field since our wedding.
You can look back at a slideshow from our wedding by going here.
Looking back these were the good ‘ol days. Days before budgets and babies. We came and went as much as we wanted. We took fun vacations twice a year and took our life and family for granted. I love our life now, I just wish Daniel’s mom, Paula was here to celebrate it with us. I hate that our anniversary is no longer a joyous occasion, we are constantly reminded what happened at 1:40 AM on May 19, 2011 when his mom took her last breath.

We tried to make the best of our five year anniversary, I broke down crying a few times. I could blame it on the pregnancy hormones, but when I am not pregnant I can be an emotional mess. We started the day by being woke up by Cecilia. She was in our bedroom at 7:30 ready to go. We convinced her to cuddle in bed for a little while and watch Disney Jr. We got up at 8, I made blueberry pancackes for breakfast and then I cleaned the house while Daniel went to visit his mom’s grave. At 2, we took Ci over to my parents and we headed to Rehoboth Beach for our anniversary dinner. Daniel let me pick where we ate at, out of all the places in Rehoboth, I chose Nicola Pizza, because I was craving one of their famous Nic-o-boli’s. LOL Sad, huh? Blame it on the baby. Pizza
After dinner we walked the boardwalk, visited a few shops and then decided to head home. We were planning on staying the night at Daniel’s family’s beach house, but after talking to Cecilia on the phone before she went to bed (She told us to come pick her up.) We decided it would be better to go get her first thing in the morning, besides we missed her!
We are planning on heading back down to the beach this weekend (with Cecilia of course) and staying the three day weekend there so we will get plenty of beach and family time in

1 comment:

VandyJ said...

Bittersweet indeed. Congrats on five years and the coming addition.