Saturday, July 7, 2012

30 Things: Day 2


It’s day two of thirty things.  Today’s question is about fears. 
Describe 3 legitimate fears and describe how they became fears.
1. I am terrified of dying from cancer.. I don’t know if it’s because I’ve lost several loved ones to cancer, but I worry that I am the next to follow. I don’t want to get to cancer, I don’t want to die young and have my kids grow up without a mother and for Daniel to be a widow. I don’t want my parents to lose their only child. I am praying that this will never happen, but in the last few years I’ve seen two young moms die from cancer.
2. I am afraid of the dark. This is a fear that developed recently. I grew up in the country, I am talking no street lights, if my parents porch or deck lights weren’t on outside the only light we had in the summer was lightening bugs. Fast forwards ten years later, I hate being outside in the dark. We live in a safe neighborhood (without street lights nonetheless). I don’t know if I am scared of intruders, the boogie man, animals or what exactly, but whenever I have to get something outside I make sure to turn every outside light on before I go out. I blame it on my four years of “city” life in college. J
3. I am scared of losing another one of my loved ones. This past year and a half I have had my share of loss, I lost my mother in law and grandmother within less then two months of each other. Up until this time I hadn’t loss any close family member. Now I am terrified of losing Daniel or my parents , grandfather or even Cecilia. I don’t think I would be handle it. I went in a brief depression after the deaths last year and I don’t know if I can handle much more. I want these family members in my life forever and I never want to have to say goodbye.


No comments: