Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Weigh In Wednesdays

I am starting a new weekly series on my blog called, Weigh In Wednesdays.  For months now I have been trying to get back on the weight loss train and well it just hasn’t happened.  I can’t seem to get myself motivated.  I am finally working out again, but I need to start eating right too. By the time I am 30 (in July 2013), I want to be at my goal weight (approximately 50 pounds less then what I am now).   I am no longer going to say hopefully I can do it, I know I can do it!

I have committed to run my first 5K with my boss and another coworker who happens to be one of my good friends. My boss is in amazing shape, she is in her 50’s and runs 5Ks several times a year.  My friend is also in good shape and unlike me she enjoys running.  Our 5K is a little more than a month away so I have to get my ass in gear and start training.

My goal is to train at least four times a week, whether it’s running outsider, on the treadmill at the gym or the treadmill at my parent’s house.  I want to do an accelerated Couch to 5K program.  I also plan to continue with my fitness classes.  Last night I took my first Zumba class and I have to say…I wasn’t impressed.  I didn’t get that great of a workout.  I feel like I get a better work out in my Insanity and Boot Camp classes.  I am not a quitter though, I am going to finish this session out of Zumba and if I don’t like it come the end of the month I will go back to Insanity.

Each Wednesday I plan on checking in here and letting my blog readers know my progress for the week and if I met my goals.

 My goals for this week:

·         Train for the 5K at least four days.

·         Track my calories on the My Fitness Pal app on my phone.

·         Drink 8-10 glasses of water.

If any other bloggers want to join in on Weigh In Wednesdays let me know.  Even if you only have ten pounds to lose I think having others encourage you helps. Maybe we can make a challenge of some sort and we will have prizes (maybe weekly if we get enough people involved) for the challenge winner.

7 comments:

MamaPhan said...

What's your accelerated Couch to 5K schedule? I was doing it every other day instead of resting two days (back when I was actually allowed to run!).

I'd love to participate as soon as I'm cleared to exercise after my surgery. :)

SEL said...

How awesome! You can do it girl! I'll totally participate with you on this! I want to lose 12 lbs! They are so stubborn sometimes! ;)

Rianrox said...

Im so proud of you for bieng so motivated! When you put your goals out there the entire universe conspires to help you reach them! We're gonna be some skinny bitches!!!

Connie said...

Good luck with your 5K training!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

So awesome Mindy!!! Very proud of you! It takes a lot to be motivated.

Anonymous said...

Good luck Mindy! I look forward to reading your progress!

Julie said...

I love the My Fitness Pal app. It's great. I have fallen off the workout wagon and I need to climb back on. I'll write up a Weigh In Wednesday post next week.

Good luck with your training. It's so hard at first, but you'll get into the groove in no time.