Saturday, October 1, 2011

Saturday's Top Five Laughs

I loved doing last week's Saturday's Top Five Laughs, I plan on doing it every Saturday.  It is where you put the funniest thing your kid(s) have done this week.

1.  On Sunday while watching the Ravens game over to my parents, (they won, yay!) Cecilia took the remote off the coffee table which was next to where my dad was sitting.  She handed it to him and said "I watch Dora & Boots, Pop pop." My dad laughed, but kindly let her know, "No, Cici we're watching football." She put one hand on her hip, the other hand on the remote and said "Nooooooooooooooooooooo, Pop pop I watch Dora & Boots!" This went on for about three minutes. It was hilarious, because my dad couldn't keep a straight face.  Every time her told her no he tried hard not to laugh.

2.  All week during her bath Cecilia is a dog.  She wants me to give her a bath like I give Cari, our dog.  She even got the doggy shampoo out of the cabinet and asked me to use it on her.  Don't worry I didn't, I pretended to use it, but still used her baby shampoo.  After her bath she'd crawl around the house pretending to be her doggy.  Thankfully she didn't eat anything out of Cari's dog dish!

3. On Wednesday night, Ci's Halloween costume came in from ETSY seller minnieschild.  I tried it on her just to make sure it fit and ever since she has tried to wear it to daycare every day and even today to my cousin's daughter's second birthday party (which was a Mickey Mouse theme).  It is going to be a long month if Cecilia is asking to wearing her Minnie Mouse costume every day.

4.  Like Hayley (Melissa's from The Mommyhood Chronicles daughter) Cecilia has learned that she can delay her bedtime. One night this week she played shy and didn't want to give my husband kiss before bed.  I put her to bed to tuck her in when she tells me, "I need to give daddy a kiss." She gets out of bed runs to the family room where was Daniel was and gives him a kiss, then she tells him she wants to watch football (he was watching baseball). We let her stay up another five minutes, but she eventually went to bed.

5.  My mom just told me of this last one.  I am sick today (I've been sick all week with a cold, but today it seems to have gotten worse..I just wanted to stay home and rest since I worked crazy hours with our aduit at work) so I didn't go to my cousin's daughter, Gracie's second birthday party.  I felt horrible for not going, but I would have felt worse if some else got this nasty cold. My mom took Cecilia.  When they left mom said Cecilia gave my aunt and cousin a hug and the next thing she knows she ran back inside and gave every single person at the party a hug, including my cousin's husband's family.  She does this at daycare every day, she has to give each of the daycare kids a hug bye as well as Miss Sally and Dawn (Miss Sally's daughter in law who helps out), but it surprised me she gave complete strangers a hug.

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday (and that no one else is stuck home sick like me!).  Be sure to root for the Phillies againest the Cardinals tonight! We want a repeat of 2008!!!

Here's Cecilia in her favorite Phillies shirt

Be sure to also check out Melissa over to The Mommyhood Chronicles Saturday's Top Five Laughs and enter her giveaway while you are there.

4 comments:

Heather {Between the Chaos} said...

These are great Saturday laughs! I love these posts so much. Melissa has started a great tradition!!

LOVE MELISSA:) said...

These are great! Love that Cecilia took the remote. Watch Dora,lol. And staying up at night. Kids:) let's start a Saturday tradition. Happy Saturday!

Julie said...

Mindy, I'm afraid we can no longer be friends. We are Cardinals fans in this house.

Well, ok, we can agree to disagree. ;) Good game for your team tonight. Not so much for mine.

Unknown said...

Haha, this was cute! M is the same way with football. She hates that we watch it all day!