Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Weigh In Wednesdays

I know I have said it on here before, but I really need to lose weight.  This time I really am going to do it.  I can’t remember the last time I was ever happy with my weight, or if I ever was.  I remember in high school thinking I was fat, because I wasn’t stick thin like a lot of my friends.  I was curvy and back then, I hated my curves.  I didn’t want boobs or a butt.. now girls embrace that!  Looking back at pictures of myself in high school and my early college years, I was NOT fat.  I’ve always had an athletic build and later on a curvy build, but I was never build.  I maintained a size 4 to 6 until I turned 20.

My goal is to lose 50 pounds, and then I will be at the ideal weight for my height.  Last year I lost twenty pounds, but I have gained all but seven of the twenty I lost back.  I have some motivation for getting in shape, Daniel and I are starting to seriously discuss baby number 2 and I want to be at my ideal weight before getting pregnant.  Next year I also turn 30 and I hear it’s harder to lose weight the older you get, so why not lose the 50 pounds before I turn 30? Also summer is coming and there will be a ton of beach days in my future and a summer vacation (more about that later), I’d love to lose at least fifteen pounds before vacation in July.
I want to do a weekly weigh in on my blog.  I am not going to post my actual weight, but I will post my progress.

Weight Lost This Week: 0

Weight Left to Lose: 50 lbs.
First Goal: 10 lbs. 
      Reward: Hair Cut & Color

Goals For This Week:
 1.          Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day.
 2.          Exercise 5 days a week.
 3.          Keep track of food and exercise on My FitnessPal.

And since no Weigh In Post is complete without a picture, I will be posting a picture of myself tonight on this post.  If anyone else wants to join in on Weigh In Wednesdays, please feel free to!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck Mindy! You CAN do it! :)

Unknown said...

You can do it Momma! Love that you listed specific goals for yourself...that is awesome! I am soooo bad about drinking water too. I pretty much live on Diet Coke...I need to get better about this!