I remember when Saturday Top Five Laughs just started and it has been months since I have participated, but I am trying to make more of an effort to blog more. As a mom of an almost three year old (TUESDAY!) I find myself cracking up at things Cecilia says multiple times a day. I love Melissa’s blog hop for that reason, because one day I can look back and remember these innocent toddler years.
My Top Five Saturday Laughs for this week
1. Saturday we attended an Easter egg hunt in my hometown. When I was younger, they would release bunnies in a fenced in area and allow the kids to chase them. If you caught a bunny, you got to take it home for you. Times have changed and the Humane Society probably told the Lions Club in my hometown that it was animal cruelty. So now instead of chasing bunnies, kids can take a rabbit home if they find an egg with a “R” on it. Guess who got an “R” egg? Yup, Cecilia! She was soooo excited, but mommy wasn’t very excited. I had images in my head of a rabbit leaving little droppings all over my house, images of our Miniature Schnauzer eating a rabbit….. If Ci was a little older, then yes, she could have kept the rabbit, but at two she’s just not responsible enough to feed it every day and clean it’s cage. She was not very happy with me when I told her no. She put her hands on her hips and said, “BUT MOMMY I HAVE WANTED A BUNNY MY WHOLE LIFE!” I cracked up!! As hard as it was to say no to that little pout we did not come home with a bunny. Instead she got cuddle time with her cousin’s bunny.
2. Last Friday night my mom brought over an Easter dress that my parents had bought for Cecilia. It was gorgeous! As soon as my mom pulled it out of the dress bag, Ci gasped and said “A princess dress for me!?” My mom helped her put it on and she twirled and twirled showing us her princess dress. She wore it on Sunday for Easter and every day since she asks if she can wear her princess dress to daycare.
3. One night this week, Daniel’s friend came over. We were talking about something and his friend said ‘I don’t know where I am going to get money for that, I guess I will just pull it from my butt.’ I looked at him and warned that we had little ears around. He said ‘Well I didn’t say the a word, I said butt!’ Cecilia never lets anything slip, she said ‘Well I pull farts out of my butt.’ I didn’t know whether to laugh or be mortified, that my angelic little girl said fart in front of mixed company. We all laughed! While Ci is a girly girl and loves dressing up in her tutus, she does go to daycare with mostly boys – the girls are outnumbered 5 to 3. So she knows all about bodily functions…
4. Wednesday was Cecilia’s friend, S’s birthday. S turned five and this weekend she is also having a Hello Kitty birthday party to celebrate. Well when Daniel picked Ci up from daycare Miss Sally sent a cake pop home with her since they made cake pops for S’s birthday and had extras. So when I get home I ask Cecilia, “Oh, wow, who’s birthday was today?”She said “MINE!” I said “No your birthday is next Tuesday. I think S’s birthday was today.” She is in denial anyone else’s birthday can be in April, she thinks April is HER month! Also when you ask Cecilia how old she is going to be she says “FIVE!” (Up until last week she said three, but since S is turning five, Ci wants to be five too.) I will correct her and tell her she is turning three, then she says “But I don’t want to be three, I want to be five!” She’s rushing it on me…I want to keep her this age and innocent forever.
5. Daycare was closed on Easter Monday so Cecilia spent the day with my parents. My parents spoil her and she loves going over there. Well, on Tuesday when I took a left out of our neighborhood instead of a right, Cecilia started crying. I asked her what was wrong, she said “I don’t want to go to Miss Sally’s, I want to go to Mom mom and Pop pop’s!” I am amazed how she knows that we turn right to go to my parents (she could tell me all the turns to get there) and we take a left for daycare. It’s not that she dislikes daycare (she LOVES it), but she just wanted one extra day with my parents.
If you want to join in on Saturday’s Top Five Laughs be sure to visit Melissa at The Mommyhood Chronicles! Have a wonderful Saturday everyone! We have a fun day ahead of us, we are going to S's Fifth Birthday Party Hello Kitty style of course and then my parents are hosting a get together for my mom's side of the family. I'm excited, I haven't seen some of them since Thanksgiving!