Friday, December 30, 2011

Goodbye, 2011! Hello, 2012!

Hi, remember me? Yes I am that person who has not updated her blog, in uh…months.  I have been busier than ever at work and with my family.  I am very blessed though to have a job in which I love and an awesome family.

Our Christmas was wonderful, Cecilia is very loved (and spoiled!)  I will recap Christmas in a later post. We are having a get together for New Years with some of our closest friends at our house.  Since the majority of our friends are parents it will be kid friendly.
I can honestly say I am happy to put 2011 behind me though.  While this year had a lot of ups, it was also possibly one of the toughest years for me emotionally.  I said goodbye to an amazing mother in law and the one grandmother I ever really knew.  I watched my uncle’s health deteriorate dramatically because of his ALS and a childhood friend was killed in a car accident.

There were some great parts of 2011 too.  I started a new job where I have the best boss ever (seriously I do, she bought me a Coach wallet for Christmas).  One of my coworkers at my new job is now one of my best friends, I really don’t know what I would have done without her this year. One of my favorite cousins married the love of his life and there were three births within my family and circle of friends.
2012 is going to be a great year, I know it!

I hate resolutions, but I do like goals.  So my goals for 2012 are:
To lose at least 30 pounds. I’ll be 30 in 2013, by the time I am 30 I want to be in a healthy weight according to my BMI chart.

To be more organized! I am a typically a very organized person, but for some reason that went out the window this year.

To budget better (my husband will like this one!)

To become involved in charity work!

To blog MORE!

I hope all of you have a safe and happy New Year! I will see you in 2012!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Long time no post! I don't see you on twitter either! Hope all has been well. Happy New Year to you and your family!

B

SEL said...

Great goals! And I was glad to see a post from you!

I also lost my Grandma this year. xo

Happy New Years!

kourtney said...

Yay you're back!

Glad you had a wonderful Christmas with your family.

You're right, 2011 was filled with ups and downs for everyone. I'm sorry you lost so many special people in your life last year. I hope this year is filled with health and happiness for all!

I'll be 30 this August, I have made up my mind that I'm going to be active EVERY DAY for at least 30 min. This chub has got to go!

Good luck on your resolutions and goals!